[PKG-Openstack-devel] package versions

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Nov 14 14:01:57 UTC 2017

On 11/13/2017 04:02 PM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
> Hi,

> <mailto:michal.arbet at ultimum.io>>:
>
>     As this package already exist in branch debian/pike, I merged it to
>     debian/ocata branch
>     and decrease Standards-Version to 3.9.8 as I need it for stretch
>

> it's not needed to decrease Standards-Version to use/build package in
> stretch. You can keep newer version. Ignore lintian warning :).
>
>     My question is what version of package should be set for this package ?
>     0.5.0-2
>     or
>     0.5.0-1+deb9u1
>     or +bpo
>     or something else ?
>

> it depends where you want to upload it.
>
> For example, backports for stretch will be:
> 0.5.0-1~bpo9+1

In the past, we I used to store the BPO version of packages in a
debian/jessie-bpo branch. Though I quickly realized that it was useless,
as there was no modification made for the backports (with not a single
exception). The result is, don't store any backport there.

So, just push 0.5.0-1 in the debian/changelog that branch. If later you
need to do a backport, just run dch --bpo before building.