[PKG-Openstack-devel] TODO for Pike

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Thu Oct 26 17:13:40 UTC 2017

On 10/23/2017 12:03 AM, Thomas Goirand wrote:
> openvswitch, neutron, gnocchi, ironic, rally, sahara, plus all Horizon
> plugins... I'm getting close to done!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Thomas Goirand (zigo)

openvswitch 2.8.1 is now in Experimental, with support for Py3, Neutron
and Sahara were uploaded. So we're now down to:

gnocchi: need python-lz4 >= 0.9. Filed a bug for it, waiting for reply.
ironic: unit tests completely failing, I'm not sure why.
rally & horizon plugins: didn't start to work on it.

Everything is now ready to start the functional validation of Pike.
During the cloud sprint in Seattle, Luca told me DSA could eventually
provide the hardware to run tempest. As I tried to run on a KVM VM to do
cloud image validation tests, I can say it's a good way to do things,
and that's probably what the DSA will provide. Hopefully, we'll have it
soon to test.

On Casulana (the new ISO / cloud image build server) I hacked with
openstack-deploy-tempest-ci, and I was able to make it run on a KVM VM.
My current plan is to improve the deployment test scripts to make them
deploy just with a few parameters on the command line.