[PKG-Openstack-devel] Helping with OpenStack packaging

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Wed Sep 13 21:08:32 UTC 2017

On 09/11/2017 09:40 AM, Ondrej Novy wrote:
>     I don't agree with:
>

>       * Move /usr/bin/jsonpatch and /usr/bin/jsondiff to a new binary
>         package jsonpatch, and stop using alternatives. Recommend jsonpatch
>         from python(3)-jsonpatch for smoother upgrades.
>

> this is recommendation for DPMT, we should respect DPMT team
> recommandation. We already discussed this at DebConf 17.

The recommendations from the DPMT don't overrides those from the FTP
master team. Besides this, if moving packages to the DPMT means forcing
the install of some Python3 for some packages, when the full stack isn't
ready (meaning running on a dual python 2 and 3 stack), then we should
hold moving stuff to DPMT. (I'm tempted to also write "we already talked
about this at Debconf... :) )