[PKG-Openstack-devel] Debian - Interoperability Tests Update

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Fri Sep 15 07:21:06 UTC 2017

Hi Danny,

As you may know, my contract with Mirantis ended in late 2016. As a
consequence, I do not have the hardware to run tempest tests anymore.
However, OpenStack Newton, which is in Debian Stretch, was validated
against tempest. These tests were running with all the core projects of
OpenStack. I can unfortunately only tell you about it, and not show you
the actual logs in Jenkins.

Also, Newton is currently the only version we have available in Debian.
We are actively working on packaging Pike, but it is far from being ready.

Debian and OpenStack are very important to me, and I do not want Debian
to loose its "OpenStack powered" stamp. It took too much effort to have
it. What do you suggest then?