[PKG-Openstack-devel] Comments regarding python-sphinxcontrib.apidoc_0.2.1-1_amd64.changes

Chris Lamb lamby at debian.org
Thu Aug 23 11:58:16 BST 2018

Thomas,

> 1/ I still don't understand why it's armful. None of the above overrides
> are likely to be ever used in the Python packages I maintain (emacsen?
> pam? ppp? that's unrelated...)

Apart from it being really a) ugly, b) subject to constant revision,
c) a premature optimisation, d) avoids future debhelper versions
fixing archive-wide problems, e) adds unnecessary noise to anyone reviewing
the package, f) increases the bus factor, etc. etc.

> 2/ It's going to take some time (many packages).

There is no need to make specific uploads, but a script should surely
take only a few minutes.

Regards,

--
      ,''`.