[PKG-Openstack-devel] OpenStack switching to a unified template system

Thomas Goirand zigo at debian.org
Tue Mar 6 22:06:16 UTC 2018

On 03/06/2018 01:11 PM, Justin B Rye wrote:
> (In openstack-pkg-tools.configure-endpoint.templates:)
>  - To create the service endpoint, this package needs to know the Admin login,
>  - username, project name, and password, so it can issue commands through the
>  + To create the service endpoint, this package needs to know the Admin
>  + name, project name, and password, so it can issue commands through the
>    Keystone API.
>
> Wait, you've changed "admin name" to "admin username" in the synopsis,
> but reverted "Admin login, username, [etc]" to "Admin name, [etc]" in
> the long description?  Probably you want "Admin username, [etc]".

That's a mistake I did because there was the same text 3 times, and I
lost track of it. This is fixed.

> You've also split off the text that we want to recycle elsewhere into
> a separate paragraph; okay.

Yes, so that translators don't have to do the work twice.

>     [...] generally MySQL is a good
>     choice, and other implementation like Postgress or SQLite are often
>     problematic [...]
>
> which should indeed say "PostgreSQL".  Or does this need to be updated
> to recognise the existence of MariaDB?

As much as OpenStack is concerned, MySQL or MariaDB is the same, what we
are configuring here is the SQLAlchemy driver (SQLAlchemy is a python
library to abstract db access). Anyway, I've wrote now:

  * the type of database that you want to use - generally the MySQL backend
    (which is compatible with MariaDB) is a good choice, and other
    implementation like PostgreSQL or SQLite are often problematic with
    OpenStack (this depends on the service);

I've pushed all this to Git already. I think we're good to go now.

I'll upload openstack-pkg-tools probably before the end of this week,
and then call for translation and close most of the open bugs that are
translating copies of the templates we just perfected.

Thanks again,