[PKG-Openstack-devel] Your Debian package(s) will not migrate to testing

Julian Gilbey jdg at debian.org
Wed Sep 4 22:41:41 BST 2019

Dear PKG OpenStack,

This is a courtesy message about your package(s) which is/are
stuck in sid, and will not migrate to testing, in case you
are unaware; they are listed below.

The release managers announced on 7th July 2019 in their email
to debian-devel-announce and debian-release
that only source-only uploads would transition to testing.

Here is the relevant part of what they wrote:

~~~~~
No binary maintainer uploads for bullseye

The release of buster also means the bullseye release cycle is about to begin.
>From now on, we will no longer allow binaries uploaded by maintainers to
migrate to testing. This means that you will need to do source-only uploads if
you want them to reach bullseye.

  Q: I already did a binary upload, do I need to do a new (source-only) upload?
  A: Yes (preferably with other changes, not just a version bump).

  Q: I needed to do a binary upload because my upload went to the NEW queue,
     do I need to do a new (source-only) upload for it to reach bullseye?
  A: Yes. We also suggest going through NEW in experimental instead of unstable
     where possible, to avoid disruption in unstable.

  Q: Does this also apply to contrib and non-free?
  A: No. Not all packages in contrib and non-free can be built on the buildds,
     so maintainer uploads will still be allowed to migrate for packages
     outside main.
~~~~~

To perform a source-only build and upload, run dpkg-buildpackage -S
and then upload the relevant files in the normal way (for example,
using dupload or dput).

Your package(s) involved is/are as follows:

Source package: python-sockjs-tornado
Version: 1.0.3-1
One relevant line of the excuse file (including the uploader):
  Not built on buildd: arch all binaries uploaded by zigo, a new source-only upload is needed to allow migration
Transition verdict: REJECTED_PERMANENTLY

Source package: python-pylxd
Version: 2.0.0~b1-2
One relevant line of the excuse file (including the uploader):
  Not built on buildd: arch all binaries uploaded by zigo, a new source-only upload is needed to allow migration
Transition verdict: REJECTED_PERMANENTLY

I hope this is of help to you!

Best wishes,

   Julian