[Openstack-devel] Request to Join Project pkg-openstack

Ghe Rivero ghe at debian.org
Mon Nov 7 09:10:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM, Julien Danjou <acid at debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06 2011, Ghe Rivero wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
>>    I've been working a little bit this weekend, and have almost ready
>> swift and glance, and even a previous version of quantum. Swift and
>> glance are done taking ubuntu pkgs as base, so i don't know if put it
>> in alioth git server (is it fixed now?), or just upload them to
>> experimental, and work from there.
>
> We should put up a Git repository to handle our packaging. Since
> upstream is using Git too, it should be quite straigh forward to
> leverage this to handle our packaging branches.
> I can help with the workflow in this regard, if needed.
> I'll set up one for keystone ASAP.

I also agree to use git. Ubuntu packaging is using bzr (launchpad),
but i expect it to have less commits on that repository, and more easy
to work with.

>> Another issue i have come around is... how to fill in the
>> Maintainer/Uploaders fields. Should we use the alioth team as
>> maintainer, and ourselves in the uploaders, which email for the
>> pkg-team....
>
> Now that we are a team, I propose to use the team mailing list address,
> and people working on packages will add themselves in the Uploader
> field if they want to (since it's not sure everybody will work on every
> piece of OpenStack in the future :-).

So, just to resume:

Maintainer: Openstack pkg team <openstack-devel at lists.alioth.debian.org>

Ghe Rivero

--
 .''`.  Pienso, Luego Incordio
: :' :

GPG Key: 26F020F7
GPG fingerprint: 4986 39DA D152 050B 4699  9A71 66DB 5A36 26F0 20F7