[Openstack-devel] OpenStack on Ubuntu

Loic Dachary loic at dachary.org
Sun Dec 11 18:46:17 UTC 2011

Hi,

There recently had much discussions about the cooperation between OpenStack and the various packaging teams. Long story short (it's all in the mailing list threads), the OpenStack release manager and community manager clearly said there is no need for more cooperation. I had the same instinct as Martin Gerhard Loschwitz and I did my best to convince everyone involved that a closer cooperation between the Debian GNU/Linux packaging and the other distributions was desirable. I still think it makes sense but I also acknowledge that one cannot force a consensus.

The approach to openstack packaging described by Thomas Goirand and initiated by Julien Danjou is not only the choice of this packaging team, it is also explicitly encouraged and approved by the upstream and the other distributions involved.

Cheers