[Openstack-devel] Note worthy package: XCP

Stefano Zacchiroli leader at debian.org
Thu Jan 5 08:31:03 UTC 2012

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 05:32:59PM +0000, Lars Kurth wrote:
> In a nutshell I have been driving this: I made a pitch to various
> managers that changing the distribution model of XCP and working
> more closely with Linux distributions is in the long-term interest
> of Xen.org and Citrix.

Well, thanks a lot then!

> >>I'd therefore dare to propose something a bit more bold of what you
> >>propose here (although not incompatible with it): a press release along
> >>the lines of "deploy your own clouds with Debian".
> I would be quite happy to support you with a Citrix and/or Xen.org
> angle. But some of this would probably need to be done outside of a
> public list.

That's great to know, as I was just about to ask :) I'll put you in
touch with the Debian press team with a separate mail.

> As an aside: I am having some Xen & Debian T-shirts and stuff made
> in celebration of XCP making it into Debian. Does anybody know,
> whether there are any constraints I need to be aware of?

The corresponding legalese is available at http://www.debian.org/logos/
and http://www.debian.org/trademark . But the short story is that for
the use case "celebration t-shirts" you'll just be fine. If, for company
reasons, you need an explicit ack, feel free to mail me.

Cheers.