[Openstack-devel] Fwd: Debian presence at OpenStack conf/summit

Julien Danjou acid at debian.org
Mon Feb 27 09:28:12 UTC 2012

On Sat, Feb 25 2012, Thomas Goirand wrote:

> I don't think that's a good idea to put it there, especially if you
> consider that there's lots of core packages that would need to be
> backported as well. That would mean getting in touch with all
> maintainers, etc. I'd more would be for maintaining some unofficial
> repositories, maybe on Alioth.

Actually, I disagree with you on this point. It's the good place to put
backports packages, if we ever do it. Because this is the place where
users would look first, and because this place is handled with more
manpowers that we would have, and it handles security alerts, etc…
And we don't need to get in touch with any maintainer to do backports.

It's not as difficult and bad as you imagine it is. :-)

--
Julien Danjou