[Parl-user] Welcome, Greens/EFA pilots, to DebianParl

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Mar 4 14:01:34 UTC 2014

Dear Greens/EFA pilot participant,

Welcome to DebianParl!

I am quite happy you have decided to participate in this pilot project
on trusted email.

Our relationship
----------------

DebianParl is a "Debian Blend" - a composition of software pieces all
part of the software distribution Debian.  I am the lead developer of
DebianParl, and I am your guide to using DebianParl.

This pilot project is voluntary for us all: both your part and mine.
Specifically, my involvement in DebianParl and in this pilot project is
on a voluntary basis:  You are not co-workers that I can delegate tasks
to, but friends that I can suggest things - and same for you towards me.

Ways we can collaborate
-----------------------

Public communication works best for me - more efficient and no burden of
keeping secrets.  I respect if you choose discrete communication, but

keeping secrets.  I respect if you choose to mail me in private, but
expect me to be brief and less enthusiastic than in public.

Until now - including this email - I have handled your name discretely.

I dearly recommend you to now make your participation in the project
public:

 1) Subscribe with both a parliamentary and a non-parliamentary email
    address to parl-user list:

 2) Briefly introduce yourself to the list:
    <mailto:parl-user at lists.alioth.debian.org>

Next steps
----------

You need your laptop!

4 of the 10 laptops have arrived so far.  I cannot tell which ones
without revealing your nationalities.  Therefore, please consider
joining and introducing yourself at the public parl-user list ;-)

A workshop has been scheduled where we can meet face to face, you can
get the laptop, and I can (very briefly) introduce DebianParl for you.
The workshop is March 26th, starting at lunch:
<http://icg.greens-efa.org/pipermail/hub/2014-February/000110.html>.

Tomorrow March 5th I will attend another meeting and introduce
DebianParl.  You are more than welcome to join that event as well:
<http://www.epfsug.eu/content/trust-your-friends>.

If you cannot make it to any of above physical meetings, then don't
despair - get in touch with me (on the parl-user list or discretely) and

we can either find another time to meet that suits us both, or you can
have the laptop without us meeting in person, and I guide you solely
through online conversation.

Looking forward to working with you all,

 - Jonas