[Parl-user] Swipe and encrypt

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Tue Mar 25 12:23:05 UTC 2014

Hi Christian,

Quoting BULUMAC Cristian (2014-03-25 10:24:29)
> The first step in having a secure laptop seems to be the swipe and
> encryption of the drive. Is there any publicly available tutorial, fit
> for our situation, on how to do this?

There will be no tutorial specific to DebianParl about that, because
ideally it should be automatic and therefore need no guidance.

...but we are not quite there yet - which is probably why you ask. :-)

I now added a note that I hope covers what you need, at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianParl/Install#disk_formatting

Those interested in technical details of full disk encryption is adviced
to read the general Debian installation manual - e.g. here for the AMD64
installer that most will be using:
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch06s03.html.en#partman-crypto

Regards,

 - Jonas