[Parl-user] Hangout at Karsmakers Thursday 29th

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Wed May 28 21:02:49 UTC 2014

Quoting Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu (2014-05-28 21:50:07)
> I typed out the ideas that came around on the wiki platform created by
> Jonas.

The wiki is hosted by others in Debian (although I did actually package
its codebase - MoinMoin - and maintained that for 10 years).

You did great with your first wiki edit.

I have adjusted only a few structural details - you can see the changes
at https://wiki.debian.org/DebianParl/EC?action=diff&rev2=4&rev1=3 - or
by clicking "info" next to the edit link, and then "find differences").

At the "info" page you may also notice that others have contributed to
the page as well, already :-)

Text is written in first person.  I understand that matches the request
to "sum all your thoughts up", but that is discourages collaboration (a
"personal" text implies an "owner" and intuitively feels wrong to edit
by anyone else).

Could the text perhaps be shifted to only have the intro be personal?
Or if this text makes best sense to keep in this personal style, just
keep that point in mind for for future wiki editing :-)

> The point in case is to provide users of the Commission IT System a
> secure and reliable environment for their daily work, that is
> under-friendly and gives reasonable guarantees that the texts and

Not sure, but seems you meant "user-friendly" above.

More comments later - I need to sleep now (didn't get much sleep on thr
train last night).

 - Jonas