[Parl-user] EC and Debian / FLOSS - message forwarded to DG DIGIT ICT Helpdesk

Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu Jacques.Verraes at ec.europa.eu
Sat Jun 7 14:43:53 UTC 2014

All,

I sent today the collectively produced Debian/FLOSS document to the ICT Helpdesk. I would like to thank in particular Erik for his mentoring, Jonas for his steady focus, and Gijs for his content contributions.

Please check the final text at
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianParl/EC#preview

I hope that the document is pleasing and convincing and that FLOSS is further generalised in the EC and other EU institutions. Writing the text, I found that the EC has been constantly promoting the use of FLOSS in public administrations. I hope it is now convinced of its own arguments, insights and wisdom.

With thanks and kind regards,

Jaap