[parted-devel] Possible GPT r/w error

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Tue Apr 25 19:40:05 UTC 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 11:26:05AM -0400, David Cantrell wrote:

> I have not been able to reproduce this on any of my hardware here. The
> problem described to me seems reasonable. The GPT area is the first
> 17KB of the disk. Parted 1.6.x reads in 8KB blocks,
Where did you find this information?

> The only difference I've been able to notice between me trying to
> reproduce this error and the reporter is different sector sizes on our
> disks. All of my disks are 512 or 1024 and his are 4096 (very large
> 2TB+ disk array).
The read buffer size indeed varies with logical sector size, and is thus
not fixed.

> The change for this in 1.6.x seems pointless now, but also pretty
> invasive. I have just downloaded 1.7.0rc5 and haven't begun to look at
> it, so I'm not sure what's changed with regard to GPT r/w.
Nothing that should affect this problem in any way...

  After our discussion let us include this issue in the bug tracker.

    Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 0x52D70289
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/