[parted-devel] Ready for 1.8.1?

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Fri Dec 1 17:41:28 CET 2006

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> writes:
>
>> Otavio Salvador wrote:
>>> I would like to know if someone has something that would like to push
>>> to 1.8.1 release?
>>>
>>> I think we already have a nice group of fixes on it
>>> and would be nice to release it so we don't accomulate too much
>>> changes for a single release.
>> [snip]
>>> Comments?
>> Release often, release early.  Let's get 1.8.1 pushed.
>
> Can you take care of it?
>
> Have you checked our changelog? There're something that you disagree
> there?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Yes, I'll take care of the 1.8.1 release.  I've been following the
changes and there's nothing that jumps out at me as badness.  Everything
is in line with what I want for a 1.8.x point release.  The only thing
that I will probably clean up is the libselinux and libsepol linking
when using libdevmapper.  I'm thinking about making that conditional
like I did for libdevmapper.  We need the SELinux libs for Fedora Core
and RHEL, but I can see other platforms not wanting or needing that.

Here's my current plan:

I'm currently at work and need to push through some bug reports for
RHEL.  Also get some work done anaconda IPv6 configuration.  I won't
have time during the day to get 1.8.1 out, but will get on that tonight.

I have a dinner party I have to go to after work, so I'll be getting to
this late (say 11pm my time).  Just letting everyone know so they don't
expect me to push the release within an hour or so.

Debarshi: I'll also get 1.8.1 as update releases for Fedora Core 6.

For those who don't know, I'm in the UTC-5 timezone (beautiful snowy and
cold Massachusetts in the United States).

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA