[parted-devel] s390 regression on 1.8.1

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Wed Dec 6 02:34:53 CET 2006

Hello folks,

Today I managed to get a test of Parted on s390 (using hercules) and
it fails to reconize the disk label.

I checked previous version of code that was being in use on Debian for
1.7.1 and that works fine against our current version on 1.8.1 and
most of code is similar.

Looks like the volume detection code is a bit different between both
of them. Since I'm not a s390 expert neither used to this part of
code, I ask for _HELP_.

The patch that works on 1.7.1 is available on our previous SVN
repository and can be view at
http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/parted/debian/trunk/parted/sid/debian/patches/s390.dpatch?op=blame&rev=0&sc=0
probably the related code is on line 1146 but I'm not sure.

Can someone do a look on it?

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855