[parted-devel] print devices

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Dec 7 12:27:11 CET 2006

leslie.polzer at gmx.net writes:

> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:09:32AM +0530, Debarshi Ray wrote:
>
>> I have edited the 'help print' output too, and hav tried to arrange
>> the arguments in an alphabetical manner. However since the 'print'
>> command is getting more and more new arguments, would not it be a good
>> idea to arrange its help information in a better manner?
> If you have any ideas about this, by all means tell us!

I do think that we should rethink parts of Parted (not libparted) for
2.0. It's getting too confuse the help message and the code itself
need some refactoring too.

I'm starting to think that the help itself might be:

 Commands                             Description
 print                                Brief explanation of print
 mklabel                              Brief explanation of mklabel

Once user run:

 help print

It shows all details of print, itself.

It'll make easier for user to track what each command does.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855