[parted-devel] Call for organization

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Dec 8 19:58:52 CET 2006

David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> writes:

>> Is there any progress on this? I probably missed out on this part;
>> because I happen to have some experience with python bindings. I can
>> probably help you out here :)
>
> pyparted was created at Red Hat prior to my starting.  I now own the
> project and have kept it going in its current form.  I want to rewrite
> it to have a real OO API, but also keep the 1-to-1 mapping.  I think
> the best thing to do now is merge what code there is in to the master
> branch so we can both work on it.  We can discuss design from there.

I personally like this idea. I don't know how pyparted has been wrote
but would be nice if we choose a good base for bindings that would
allow us to add other bindings later too, like perl, ruby and possible
C++ too.

>> The rest of it looks great. It is important that we sit down and fully
>> finalize things before working on 2.0. How about meeting up on IRC
>> sometime? #parted on Freenode you know :)
>
> That works for me.  Can we schedule it for next week?  I'm busy for
> the rest of today and I have to go out of town this weekend.

I would like to have a meeting too, it would be great.

There're too much things going and we all need to sit and discuss the
infrastructure and all the rest. I just prefer to do that meeting a
bit later, after we have discussed all that on the mailing list too.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855