[parted-devel] Call for organization

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Fri Dec 8 20:00:02 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 04:08:34PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> That could be move to stable-1.8.x too since it would ensure that we
> don't introduze new bugs or forgot to fix the know ones. I vote to
> have it on stable-1.8.x and mainly on 1.8.2 release.
+1.

> For it, we would need a process that could be used to propose changes
> for the branch and name someone else if you're not available in
> meanwhile.
Important point.  Will we designate people that jump in when a person
isn't available, or will we just let it sort out somehow (this actually
has worked nicely overall in the past).

> Leslie is one of more experienced people here about the code itself.
> Nevertheless, he's not doing much "viewable" coding nowadays and I
> don't know if he has the need time to lead the project. If he has, I
> would like to have him as our lead.
It depends on the amount of work.  With the current prospects on the
way Parted will go, I have enough time for both resuming to contribute
code (if Anant or somebody else fills in the infrastructure position),
serving as representative for the project and patch review.

  I'd also like us to define whether the infrastructure person will also
merge patches if they have been found to be good in peer review.

> Debarshi Ray is one of our most active contributors and he's doing a
> great job. I would like to grant commit permission to him directly on
> our GIT repository so he won't depend of us for trivial changes while
> the bigger ones, as usual, should be discussed here before commited.
+1.

> Currently I'm trying to work on most code as possible and try to make
> things happen as fast as possible. I don't know what position would be
> the right one to me but I think, for sure, I'll continue to help the
> project. I'm also one of the group of people that has auth to release
> parted, from GNU POV so I can help if someone is away for something
> and we need to release on meanwhile.
Very good.  I have nothing to add to this.

> I just don't want to get a too formal project otherwise we'll end
> waiting too much by each other and it'll just make the project slower
> and unmanageble.
Yes.  As much org as needed, as much flexibility as possible.

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/