[parted-devel] Call for organization

Anant Narayanan anant at kix.in
Sat Dec 9 11:37:25 CET 2006

Hi All,

So there seems to some consensus over things. Here's what I conclude:

- We setup a Wiki (Trac, At Alioth hopefully!) and put in all this
information about our plans for 2.0 there.

- Assign a loose set of roles for all those interested in the project.
As of now; it seems the most suitable assignments would be:

	* Leslie as Project Leader
	* Myself as Infrastructure Lead
	* David as Maintainer for the 1.x versions
	* Otavio as Maintainer for the 2.x versions, if he is willing

As David mentioned before, all of us can of course wear multiple hats.
If someone is unavailable for some task, feel free to take it up.
Bringing too much of hierarchy and structure to such a project is
counter-productive.

As for the question of whether the Infrastructure lead will be applying
reviewed patches; I don't mind doing it. There isn't much work for me
once we have the infrastructure setup. Maintenance doesn't take a lot of
time, and I would be happy to apply these patches and free the
developers to work on more code :)

All of us are keen to meetup on IRC. Tomorrow is a sunday, and I hope
everyone should be able to make it around noon GMT? That seems to a
timeslot where all of us are likely to be awake :)

Another thing, there is an item I'd like to add to our TODO: support for
OS X. This isn't likely to be possible by 2.0; but maybe by 2.5 we
should be able to do it. I am in a very good position to work on this;
but unfortunately am pressed for time. Anyway, this is something we
should consider in the back of our heads; and is definitely not
something of very high priority.

I'll get in touch with Otavio as to how we can get Trac up and running
on Alioth.

Cheers,

- Anant