[parted-devel] Deprecate ped[register|unregister]_disk_type

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat Dec 9 20:33:05 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 05:09:24PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> I think it's right but I would suggest that we make a macro to make
> easier to warn user. I don't think that an exception is right but we
> can display a warning while compiling.
>
> Other's comments?
I think the common way to do this is to wrap an

#ifdef DEPRECATED_20
   deprecated_function_proto();
#endif

  around the function in question in the header file.

Distribution vendors then only have to add a -DDEPRECATED_20 to the
build of the package to fix it for the time being, and the author
of the package is woken up and incited to fix his stuff :)

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/