[parted-devel] Updated 'PlanningEdge' substantially

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Wed Dec 13 05:44:37 CET 2006

I have a few things to add/subtract.

1. I think we should also take a look at libpartedpp
(http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/libpartedpp
http://www.nongnu.org/libpartedpp/), in addition to pyparted. Due to
the similarity between C and C++ the lipartedpp implementation looked
really simple to me. It might be much more easier to merge with
libparted also.

2. To achieve command logging we just have to dump the buffer
maintained by readline. I know the Python way to do it, but it should
not be much different in C.

We can also save the command history in a file so that the history is
not lost after a session, athough this has nothing to do with command
logging, may be we can consider this as a feature.

3. The GDB help facility does not seem to be much of an improvement
over Parted. GDB does have the facility to paginate the help text, but
I think the Python shell does it more neatly.

Regards,
Debarshi
--
Universities are places of knowledge.  The freshman each bring a
little in with them, and the seniors take none away, so knowledge