[parted-devel] git branches?

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat Dec 16 13:47:16 CET 2006

On Fri, Dec 15, 2006 at 03:44:54PM -0500, David Cantrell wrote:

> I cloned the parted git repository on another system today and only
> see a master branch. I'm still learning git, so I've probably missed
> something, but what am I doing wrong or did we lose the branches?

Everything seems to be alright. Try this:

[clone]

# locals % git branch -l master

# remotes % git branch -r origin/HEAD origin/debian/master origin/master
origin/stable-1.8.x

# create local branch, lined up with stable branch % git checkout -b
stable-1.8.x remotes/origin/stable-1.8.x

# see where we are and what we got, again % git branch -l master *
stable-1.8.x

If you need more help, please say so.

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/