[parted-devel] Deprecation method

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Wed Dec 20 09:49:14 CET 2006

On Sat, Dec 16, 2006 at 03:56:38PM -0200, Otavio Salvador wrote:

> We can't detect. Basically, we need to write a very clear announce
> with a good documentation that warns the user about those changes and
> make the compilation break. _IF_ we don't add the deprecation warning
> and just change the API we ensure that user will need to review the
> code and also read the porting doc. That could be a way to get it.
We need to settle on something for this so I can start coding.
My suggestion:

  Shout out loud in the announcement for Parted 2.0 and in the lists
  that developers need to adapt.

- OR -

  Make it possible for Stable and Edge to coexist on a system.  Package
  maintainers will do the rest for us (i.e. pointing their packages to
  the version that is appropriate for them).

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/