[parted-devel] Re: parted port to FreeBSD

Viktor Vasilev viktor.vasilev at stud.tu-darmstadt.de
Sun May 21 21:20:15 UTC 2006

On Sunday 21 May 2006 19:36 Otavio Salvador wrote:
> Hello folks,
>
> I putted your patches in 1.7.0 package for Debian and now we might try
> to have it in upstream release ASAP.
>
> What's the progress of problems about copyright assigments that Leslie
> asked about?

I have a newer patch, that among other enhancements, doesn't have foreign
code. There are other FreeBSD-specific problems that I'm trying to figure
out right now and I'm not sure if the patch in it's present form is ready
to go upstream yet. It can be found here (p5):

  http://0xdeadc0de.net/v/parted/

This patch includes:

 - better recognition of busy (mounted) devices
 - fix cache flush on FreeBSD 6.X
 - workaround to get a new MBR reread by geom

Cheers,
Vik
--
PGP Key: 0xE09DC8D8/6799 4011 EBDE 6412 05A1 090C DBDF 5887 E09D C8D8
Signed/encrypted mail welcome!