[parted-devel] Re: Patch against SVN (1.8.0rc2): number two

leslie.polzer at gmx.net leslie.polzer at gmx.net
Sat Nov 4 10:51:53 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 10:48:27PM +0000, Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray wrote:

> Maybe we can develop a complete userspace LVM library (something more
> mature than a hack) as part of libparted, which parted and possibly
> the LVM tools can use too. That way libparted will become a more
> complete API. Since the LVM tools are not changing by themselves,
> maybe this way we can intiate some change. Or would you like the
> library (say liblvm) to be a part of the LVM suite? Would Leslie like
> to comment?
Sure :)  By the way, I must apologise for not being more active; in fact
I am!  It just doesn't show.

  An LVM library would be a great idea.  The first question here is
probably: make it part of libparted or develop it independently and let
libparted use it?

  I'm for the former (libparted isn't that huge, and most systems
already have it installed), but perhaps someone will come up with sound
reasons for making it a small independent library.

  Leslie

--
gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys DD4EBF83
http://nic-nac-project.de/~skypher/