[parted-devel] Re: Patch against SVN (1.8.0rc2): number two

Anant Narayanan anant at kix.in
Mon Nov 6 14:46:46 CET 2006

>   I'm for the former (libparted isn't that huge, and most systems
> already have it installed), but perhaps someone will come up with sound
> reasons for making it a small independent library.

I agree with David and Otavio. LVM tools is kind of out-of-place in
libparted. Also, making a separate library brings in advantages like
easier bug fixing & maintenance.

LVM-Tools is also generic enough for another application to want to use
it, without brining a dependency on libparted along.

- Anant