[parted-devel] Darcs repository up to date

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Fri Nov 10 17:08:58 CET 2006

Anant Narayanan <anant at kix.in> writes:

>> I would like to start a merging work of Debian fixes (there're some
>> that are very interesting to have in). What's the idea regarting 1.8
>> branch? Will we release a 1.8.1 or even 1.9 before 2.0?
>
> IMHO we should have those releases in between as well. We can continue
> on parallel development of 2.0 with some heavyweight features like
> partition ID support, undo/redo (or) fdisk-style write-changes-at-end;
> stuff like that.

It'll depend on how much features we'll want on 2.0. I would prefer to
don't do a heavy changed release. I prefer to work on the most
important features and then work on the 2.1 release in a near future.

Otherwise, when we release 2.0 we'll end with a high danger of
regressions and a very difficult upgrade path for application clients
of libparted.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855