[parted-devel] State of parted development

Anant Narayanan anant at kix.in
Sun Nov 12 17:15:10 CET 2006

Hi David,

<snip>
> OK, so that's where my understanding is with all of this.  Is everyone
> on the same page?

Yep. The only thing new here was the fact that you will be using the SVN
repository until 1.8.0 is out, which explains why there were commits to
it after we "moved" to darcs. I was a bit confused about that but not
anymore.

Otavio is doing an excellent job of merging patches sent to the SVN
repository into the darcs repo, so that shouldn't be a problem. Like you
suggest, we should completely move development to the darcs repo after
1.8 is out. We'll use branches to keep 1.8.x separate from 2.0 "edge".

Also, I suggest that we create a new category for "edge" in our Flyspray
tracker and start putting in suggestions for it in there so that no-one
forgets. Going through the mailing lists just to find out what we've
planned for 2.0 sucks IMHO :)

Leslie, is this possible?

Cheers,

- Anant