[parted-devel] New GIT repository

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Nov 20 16:36:10 CET 2006

Hello folks,

I've built a new GIT repository due our problems with Darcs
performance. Those repositories where sent to Alioth and probably
others will follow later.

All repositories were done using git-svn and have the history of all
1.8.0 development.

For parted, you should use:

 git clone git+ssh://<user>@git.debian.org/git/parted/parted.git parted
 git clone http://<user>@git.debian.org/git/parted/parted.git parted

There's the 1.8.0 tag and 1.8.x branch available to us make backport
of fixes while developing 2.0 release. Anyone having trouble to bring
changes from Darcs to our new git repository could contact me and I'll
try to help as possible.

For storage-howto you should use:

 git clone git+ssh://<user>@git.debian.org/git/parted/storage-howto.git storage-howto
 git clone http://<user>@git.debian.org/git/parted/storage-howto.git storage-howto

What's missing:

 We need to convert fdisk and other any required repository to it. I
 would love to hear from you and specially Leslie what I should use as
 original repository to make the conversion ASAP.

 Besides that, I want to setup the CIA bot to use the git
 repository. I can deal with this without much problem but I also want
 to hear from you before moving forward.

How I can use GIT?

 GIT is very trivial to use and has some neat features that I won't
 cite here to don't confuse anyone. I would like to suggest the read
 of Xorg resume about Git use at http://wiki.freedesktop.org/wiki/UsingGit

 Again, any doubt, ASK! ;-)

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."