[parted-devel] Feature requests

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:31:34 CET 2006

> > Lets leave it completely to the user, if possible. Sometimes a
> > seemingly negligible difference might not suit the purpose of the
> > user.

> Sounds reasonable.

What is the general opinion on this? If we agree, then I am
volunteering to prepare a patch to do this as follows:

Whenever the initial resize value can not be fulfilled, Parted will
output the maximum possible extent to which the partition can be
resized and abort the 'resize' operation.

I think it would lead to simpler code, and would not reduce the user
experience since she gets to see the maximum allowable limit and can
simply re-execute 'resize' with a different value.

What do you think?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi

--
I only work when I am not doing any assignments.