[parted-devel] Ready for 1.8.1?

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Nov 30 22:40:56 CET 2006

Hello folks,

I would like to know if someone has something that would like to push
to 1.8.1 release?

I think we already have a nice group of fixes on it
and would be nice to release it so we don't accomulate too much
changes for a single release.

Currently the changelog of the release is:

,----[ ChangeLog ]
| Anant (1):
|       Fix loop in print_all, thanks to Debarshi Ray for the patch.
|
| Anant Narayanan (1):
|       Introduce the -list command-line switch, patch by Debarshi Ray
|
| David Cantrell (1):
|       Generate SHA-1 digests of the archive files and upload those along with the actual archive files.
|
| Debarshi Ray (3):
|       Make mktable aliased to mklabel.
|       Warn before mklabel and mkfs.
|       Cleanup _partition_warn_busy, _disk_warn_busy, _partition_warn_loss and _disk_warn_loss.
|
| Leslie P. Polzer (1):
|       Updated translations.
|
| Otavio Salvador (13):
|       Rework backtrace support
|       Remove useless semicolon from PED_ASSERT calls
|       Remove useless 'return 0;' call
|       Change version to 1.8.1
|       Readd the 'return 0;' to please GCC
|       parted/parted.c: Remove redeclaration of current_dev fixing a compilation error
|       Avoid warning about user permissions when using --version
|       Remove doc/mdate-sh and doc/texinfo.tex since they are included when we run autogen.sh
|       When doing the version change to 1.8.1 on 2a04be3... miss ABI and API age change
|       Fix 'print' command help
|       Don't enforce libselinux and libsepol linking when using device-mapper support
|       libparted/arch/linux.c: initialize task point to please GCC
|       Proper print when there're no extended partitions, but partition names (patch from Sven Luther)
`----

and the current diffstat is:

,----[ diffstat ]
|  configure.ac                      |   11 +-
|  doc/mdate-sh                      |   97 -
|  doc/texinfo.tex                   | 6200 -------------------------------------
|  libparted/Makefile.am             |    2 +-
|  libparted/arch/linux.c            |    2 +-
|  libparted/labels/gpt.c            |    4 +-
|  libparted/labels/rdb.c            |    6 +-
|  parted.lsm                        |    6 +-
|  parted/parted.c                   |  126 +-
|  po/id.po                          | 1232 +++-----
|  po/ja.po                          |  902 ++----
|  po/nl.po                          |  999 ++-----
|  po/pl.po                          | 1342 +++------
|  scripts/release/tarball_upload.sh |  179 +-
|  14 files changed, 1544 insertions(+), 9564 deletions(-)
`----

It's basically a clean-up release. There're a bunch of translation
updates and a lot of trivial fixes too. I would like to say a big
THANK YOU to Debarshi who did a wonderful job and he's helping us a
lot, indeed.

Comments?

- --
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855
 you the whole house."