[parted-devel] 1.8.0rc1 available on ftp.gnu.org

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Fri Sep 15 20:24:30 UTC 2006

Greetings all,

I've tagged and uploaded parted-1.8.0rc1 to ftp.gnu.org.  Please test,
report bugs to this list and we'll get through the rc cycle and have
1.8.0 final hopefully soon.

I've incorporated all of the recent patches on the list since 1.7.0 that
were (a) reasonable, (b) correct, and (c) weren't already added by
someone else.

The 1.8 release fixes a lot of small to semi-major problems with GPT
labels, Mac disk labels, and other such things.  No major API changes.

If you have any questions, send them to the list here.  It's entirely
possible that I've forgotten to change one file or missed something, but
that's part of the reason we do release candidates, right?  :)

--
David Cantrell
Red Hat / Westford, MA