[parted-devel] using libparted to detect filesystem type

ben scott benscott at nwlink.com
Sat Apr 7 06:41:48 UTC 2007

I would like to use libparted to detect the type of filesystem on a disk. I
have been looking over the header and doxygen files but can't find a way to
do it.

if I know a path, say:  /dev/hdc4  how do I probe it?

To use "PedFileSystemType* ped_file_system_probe (PedGeometry* geom);" I need
the PedGeometry. After that I need a PedPartition (I think) and so on but I
never quite get back to a simple device path.

Any help for a programming noob would be much appreciated. Thank you.