[parted-devel] 1.8.7 in the works

Matthew S. Harris mharris312 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 24 03:36:31 UTC 2007

On 4/23/07, David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com> wrote:
> Aside from those patches, I have the s390 stuff and 2048 write patches
> to review before inclusion.  That's all I have on the table for 1.8.7.
>
> Reply on this thread for the things you want in the release.

In the "Trying to read ZFS-labelled disks with Parted thread", I sent
a patch that I believe fixes some endianness bugs and also gets Parted
closer to being able to read EFI disk labels generated by OpenSolaris.
 I haven't received any feedback on the patch, but I would like to see
at least the endianness fixes included in the stable release, if
they're correct.

The other fixes would be nice to have (since I believe they're
correct) but aren't urgent because they're not sufficient for reading
Sun's EFI disk labels.  (I do have a local patch that does seem to be
sufficient, but I don't yet understand why it works.)

Matthew