[parted-devel] 1.8.7 status

David Cantrell dcantrell at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 14:50:06 UTC 2007

Hey guys,

1.8.7 won't make it out this week, but that's ok.  I'd rather have all
of the items working and tested rather than rushing to meet an arbitrary
deadline.  However, I am not talking about delaying it indefinitely, but
more like another week.

What do I still have?  The non-512 byte logical sector size write patch
worked mostly, but that then led me down the path of adding iPod
disklabel support.  The iPod is a bit goofy.  System Z patches are the
other things still to do.

Next week I will be at IBM working on s390 stuff until Wednesday, then
back in Boston.  I'll be on email and IRC as much as possible.  Same
procedure that we've been following...I'll post patches here before
committing them so everyone can review.

The unit testing code looks like it's coming together quite nicely.

--
David Cantrell <dcantrell at redhat.com>
Red Hat / Westford, MA