[parted-devel] [parted 1.8.8] msdos label and file system corruption issues with > 2TB disk

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Thu Dec 27 12:22:25 UTC 2007

Michael Reed <mdr at sgi.com> writes:

> This problem has been confirmed to be present in both the parted provided
> by two major distros as well as version 1.8.8 downloaded from gnu.org.

Right. I'll take a look at it.

> I should mention at this point that we no longer have the system available
> for debugging.  I can probably improvise a configuration using "md" if
> you don't have adequate hardware at your disposal.

It would be nice if you could test the patch after it has been cooked
before we apply it. I do not have adequate hardware for this testing
and then your "improvised configuration" would rock! :-)

> Let me know if I can be of help in resolving this issue.

I'll get back to you.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855