[parted-devel] Regarding UFS support in libparted

Avinash Malik avimalik at gmail.com
Mon Dec 31 20:58:34 UTC 2007

Hello,
         I need complete ufs-support in libparted, since its missing I
decided to write code myself. The ufs-support which I am looking for
is something like solaris (newfs/mkfs).

The first thing which I need is ufs-fs creation capability.
something like this....
http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/onnv/onnv-gate/usr/src/cmd/fs.d/ufs/mkfs/mkfs.c#417

My main working platform is linux...
There are a lot of structures like cylinder groups and dinodes which
need to be present for this to work...

I was thinking of including linux-source-header files in the libparted
ufs infrastructure to get this support, instead of replicating all the
structures again in libparted. Is there a better solution than this?

I wanted to know why, does libparted in ufs.c replicate the
ufs_super_block structure, instead of just using the one in linux
ufs_fs.h file. Is it because of support for GNU/BeOS.. since I am not
familiar with GNU/BeOS code I am kinda lost here.

Please cc the reply since I am not subsribed to the mailing list....

regards,

--
Avinash Malik