[parted-devel] Reverse ./autogen.sh && ./configure && make

Debarshi Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 20:32:25 CET 2007

First of all thanks to Jim and Otavio for the suggestions.

> > Sure. But keep on mind that distclean is target to make it with less
> > generated files as possible but on the same state of the distribution
> > tarball. It's not target to remove the m4 macros neither the configure
> > script for example.

> If you want to remove even more than distclean, use
> "make maintainer-clean" and add the files you want to remove
> to MAINTAINERCLEANFILES.

Here is what I plan to do:

a. Find out whether 'make distclean' restores the whole thing to the
same state as the distribution tarball. If not then add the necessary
things to the DISTCLEANFILES variable in the respective Makefile.am.

b. Use MAINTAINERCLEANFILES to create the 'make maintainer-clean'
target so that we have something similar to 'git clean -d'. This would
be helpful to someone who is tinkering with the distribution tarball
on a system where git is absent.

What do you think?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--
After the game the king and the pawn go into the same box.
                -- Italian proverb