[parted-devel] Release procedure

David Olsson dolsson5 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 21:05:47 CET 2007

Does this team have a documented release procedure?  I sketched one on the
wiki at
http://parted.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/wiki/ReleaseProcedure, or
see below.  Please correct, add, or subtract, or say we don't need this.  My
idea is that any documentation pertaining to parted development or use in
general should be in the tree.  Anything specific to this team might better
belong in the wiki.  Thoughts?  Feel free to change the wiki page or respond
here for discussion.  Thanks.  Hope I'm not being presumptuous.  Good word,
that: presumptuous.

~David O.

ReleaseProcedure:

= How To Release a New Parted =

Pay attention to these items during development, then check them off at
release time.

 * Update regression tests.
 * Run regression tests.
 * Test platforms (see manual).
 * Write release notes.
 * Update copyright dates.
 * Update manual (including copyright, history, and index).
 * Update other docs, see PartedDocumentation.
 * Copy to repositories and update info there.
  * GNU project pages
  * freshmeat project page
  * ?