[parted-devel] including author names in --version output

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Feb 19 18:16:30 CET 2007

leslie.polzer at gmx.net wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 04:58:50PM +0100, Jim Meyering wrote:
>
>> > I checked the git history, but that goes back only to Sept 2006.
>>
>> Repeating the question, but this time Cc'ing the people who should
>> know.
> Check out AUTHORS.

Yep, I saw that, but figured 3-5 names would be enough.
The problem is where to draw the line.

How about this instead:

  $ parted/parted --version
  parted (GNU parted) 1.9.9
  This is free software.  You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of
  the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>.

  Written by <http://parted.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/trac.cgi/browser/AUTHORS>.