[parted-devel] incoming changes: remove more generated files

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Feb 19 18:54:10 CET 2007

Part of the conversion to use gnulib involves generating
even the po/??.po files, along with some other bits and pieces.

FYI, the bootstrap procedure automatically gets all available .po files
from the Translation Project: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/teams/PO:

That should be "ok", since the TP's translations are usually considered
to be the canonical ones, and they're used to handling copyright issues.
But it does mean that translation additions and corrections must all go
through the TP.  If anyone objects to this, please let me know.

    $ ./bootstrap --help
    Usage: ./bootstrap [OPTION]...
    Bootstrap this package from the checked-out sources.

     --gnulib-srcdir=DIRNAME  Specify the local directory where gnulib
                              sources reside.  Use this if you already
                              have gnulib sources on your machine, and
                              do not want to waste your bandwidth downloading
                              them again.
     --copy                   Copy files instead of creating symbolic links.
     --force                  Attempt to bootstrap even if the sources seem
                              not to have been checked out.
     --skip-po                Do not download po files.
     --cvs-user=USERNAME      Set the CVS username to be used when accessing
                              the gnulib repository.

    If the file .bootstrap.conf exists in the current working directory, its
    contents are read as shell variables to configure the bootstrap.

    Running without arguments will suffice in most cases.

The bootstrap script is identical to the one used in coreutils,
tar, gzip, bison, etc, except that this version also runs libtoolize.

I'd like to retain the name "bootstrap", and remove autogen.sh,
but if someone prefers the latter, we can make autogen.sh a symlink.