[parted-devel] incoming changes: remove more generated files

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Wed Feb 21 14:26:34 CET 2007

Otavio Salvador <otavio at debian.org> wrote:
> Jim Meyering <jim at meyering.net> writes:
>
>> Part of the conversion to use gnulib involves generating
>> even the po/??.po files, along with some other bits and pieces.
>>
>> FYI, the bootstrap procedure automatically gets all available .po files
>> from the Translation Project: http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/teams/PO:
>>
>> That should be "ok", since the TP's translations are usually considered
>> to be the canonical ones, and they're used to handling copyright issues.
>> But it does mean that translation additions and corrections must all go
>> through the TP.  If anyone objects to this, please let me know.
>
> Before acking it I need to understand how difficult is to push any
> modificaction there?

There is the requirement that a significant contributor (e.g., new
translation) have signed copyright assignment on file with the FSF.
Actual paper exchange can take time, so that's a drawback.  But I
suppose that since parted is a GNU project, this is nothing new here.

There was a period during which the TP robot wasn't doing its job,
but I think everything is back in working (mostly-automated) order now.

I don't have a lot of experience with the TP, but do note
that I regularly get notified about updates to per-language
translations for the coreutils.