[parted-devel] Changes in libparted/fs/linux_swap/linux_swap.c

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Jan 15 16:38:10 CET 2007

"Debarshi Ray" <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> writes:

>> I'm starting to think that we're probably needing a 1.9.0 development
>> release to make it available for more people to test. What others
>> think about it?
>
> I think most of the features planned for 2.0 should be in place in
> some form or the other in 1.9.x releases. That way we can say 1.9.x is
> the transition branch, which developers and users of Parted can use to
> port their applications. The final 2.x series can then remove all
> deprecated stuff completely.

That is more or less what I had on mind. Basically what GNOME
does. They release developer releases and it then is turned on the new
stable release. It also make easier to us to ask users for testing of
the new release solve their problems without requiring GIT usage by
them. It's, indeed, an improvement to them ;-)

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855