[parted-devel] bfs.c weirdness

Jim Meyering jim at meyering.net
Mon Jul 2 09:41:13 UTC 2007

"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> #v+
>>         if (!ped_geometry_read (geom, buf, 0, 1))
>>                 return 0;
>>
>>         return ped_geometry_new (geom->dev, geom->start,
>>                              ped_div_round_up (PED_CPU_TO_LE32((uint32_t)(buf+8)),
>> #v-
>>
>> Maybe?
>
> Maybe the 'if' need not be commented out. But is it an accident, or
> some intended it to be this way? Just wondering...

The way to find out is to look in the logs.
If anyone can point to an old CVS or svn repository, please do.
I too have wanted to be able to look up the answer to questions
like this one, but the git repository has very little history.

If I get a reasonably complete set of deltas, I might even
take the time to rebuild the repository, grafting in the old ones.