[parted-devel] Resizing a windows partition.

K T Ligesh ligesh at lxlabs.com
Sat Jun 23 12:27:48 UTC 2007

 Hi folks,

 I have been trying to use parted to resize a windows partition but without any success. I am running windows as a Xen guest, and the entire image is on a logical volume. When installed from CD it works fine. But if I do lvextend +1G on the lV, it refuses to boot itself.

 I extended the partition inside the image using parted. That is, I rmed it, and then added it again with the full size, then ran ntfsresize to extend it, but still it doesn't boot. Is there something I should do to make a windows partition boot after a resize of the image?

 Any help is appreciated.

 Thanks.