[parted-devel] Parted on GNU Hurd based systems

Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray debarshi.ray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 16:14:48 CET 2007

I have attached the final version of the patch using 'git diff' on the
'master' branch. I have re-done it after the code reformatting in
parted/ui.c.

Here is what it includes:

a. I have introduced signal handlers for situations where SA_SIGINFO
(that includes no 'sigaction' cases) is unavailable and one has to use
a signal handler with a different signature. While doing this, I have
arranged the new signal handlers in a way so that they are in the same
order in which they appear in the init_ui function.

b. Modified init_ui to consider no SA_SIGINFO cases, where 'signal' is
used instead of 'sigaction'.

Possible issues in the patch:

a. The 8-space indentation requires the messages output by the signal
handlers to be wrapped on to the next line. However as Jim rightly
pointed out in #parted, this makes it difficult to search for the
messages in the code. I have left it as it is since this problem
exists in a number of other files too, and probably has to be solved
as part of the 'coding style' debate. :-)

b. Some minor formatting changes in init_ui.c, which I hope will not
affect the granularity of the patch:
-        sig_int.sa_sigaction  = &sigint_handler;
-        sig_fpe.sa_sigaction  = &sigfpe_handler;
-        sig_ill.sa_sigaction  = &sigill_handler;
+        sig_int.sa_sigaction = &sigint_handler;
+        sig_fpe.sa_sigaction = &sigfpe_handler;
+        sig_ill.sa_sigaction = &sigill_handler;
Of course if you like I can put it separately in another patch.

Comments?

Happy hacking,
Debarshi
--