[parted-devel] Parted on GNU Hurd based systems

Otavio Salvador otavio at debian.org
Mon Mar 5 23:32:25 CET 2007

"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> writes:

> How is this one?
>
> a. Used #ifndef..#endif on HAVE_SIGACTION and SA_SIGINFO to
> selectively define those structure and functions which will go missing
> when 'sigaction' and/or 'SA_SIGINFO' are absent. I have nested the two
> cases to make them more granular.

Ack. I just didn't catch why you nested both? Wouldn't the SA_SIGINFO
be enough?

> b. Separately defined all the constants (as suggested by Jim) that are
> compared with info->si_code to print specific messages. Should work on
> FreeBSD kernels where some of these are absent.

Good :-)

> c. I have not used
> #define sigaction (a, b, c)
> Instead used a blank function definition, and a couple of blank
> structures to keep things readable.

I just wonder if it's the most common why of doing that kind of
thing. I think would be good to use the most common way when
possible. I don't know if it'll looks cleaner or more confuse for
someone looking at the code by the first time.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 GNU/Linux User: 239058     GPG ID: 49A5F855